Monday, June 15, 2009

Camping Weekend

On Saturday, Bryan and I met up with our American Legion Riders motorcycle group for an evening of camping out, Virginia style. Our friends do not mess around when they get together, I am telling you. They are so well organized that everything always runs so smoothly and it just allows for a great time had by all! The campgrounds they chose had incredibly adorable renovated train caboose cars for rent. Awesome! Showers and kitchens and ac units, oh my! We had a blast and my only complaint is that we didn't stay a few more days.

As I was taking these pics, I was fantasizing that Bryan was busy unloading all our provisions and that our imaginary kids were bouncing around, excitedly picking which loft bed they would like to sleep in, all the while Birdie is watching them with her tail whipping like crazy and that I was fussing over the contents of the kitchen. It paints a pretty picture doesn't it?


How freakin' adorable is this?!

Surprisingly spacious inside due to length of car.

Kitchenette with table for four and wood-burning stove.

Beyond the two loft beds is a full bathroom and a door that opens into a bedroom with:
THE BED FROM HELL!

Seriously, we did not get ANY sleep that night! We tossed and turned so much that when we finally got up all we could really do was laugh about it. All of Bryan's shifting kept pulling the blanket under him and all night I was tugging and nudging him until finally at dawn he stood up, bunched up the blanket and tossed it on me while shouting, "I'm not even using it!!!"
THEN, when I got up a couple hours later, guess who's covered up to his chin with the warm cozy blanket?!

No comments:

Post a Comment