Friday, November 27, 2009

S'mores Pie!

My first Thanksgiving pie that I didn't make while following the recipe off the back of the pumpkin can!! This recipe was featured on Epicurious in their popular Thanksgiving segment. I was a little anxious about it since part of the prep work involved me buying a candy thermometer and pie shield, and dusting off the stand mixer...but I really wanted a challenge in the kitchen.

The graham cracker crust- baked and cooled.

Chopped up blocks of fine chocolate and then melted it with boiling heavy cream.

Chocolate filling- baked and cooled....again.

Marshmallow topping- boiled til 240 degrees and then whipped the shit out of it! Like, 8min. on high.

Spooning the marshmallow into center of pie...it then spread to make a gorgeous topping!

Ahh...I'm in love with this pie! I kept opening up the fridge door just to admire it. Yes, it's cooling AGAIN!

Broil the top while watching it like a hawk!

The result? Toasted marshmallow and chocolate s'mores pie!! Sounds good doesn't it?! IT WAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment